Fall 2016 Checklist
- Verify that your Law School email is working by responding to the test email sent to your Detroit Mercy email address. We will be using your school email address to communicate with you starting August 12th.
- Join the Detroit Mercy Law 1L Facebook group to receive updates and ask questions throughout your first year.
- Register for parking during orientation – be sure to bring your vehicle registration. The parking fee is $400 for the academic year which will be added to your final tuition invoice for those who register.
- You are able to fill out the parking form ahead of time. However, you will still need to bring your vehicle registration to
- Request an official transcript from your undergraduate degree granting institution to be sent directly to the Detroit Mercy Law Admissions Office by ASAP. For questions or concerns please contact Caitlin McCarthy.
- Contact Barbara Stockwell-Buslepp for housing needs.
- Check out the optional summer reading recommendations.
- Mark your calendars – Detroit Mercy Law’s mandatory First-Year-Orientation is from Monday August 15 – Friday August 19. Please refer to the Orientation Information Webpage for the details. Classes begin August 22.
- Be sure to check out the 1L FAQ page.
Contact your Counselor
Questions? Concerns? Your admissions counselor can help!