Professor J. Richard Broughton will present at a symposium hosted by the Journal of Public Law and Policy at Hamline University School of Law in Saint Paul, MN, on March 27 entitled, “The Death Penalty Debate in America: Effectiveness, Fairness, Constitutionality, and Other Considerations.” This symposium will gather scholars, policy makers, activists, and community members to discuss capital punishment in America both at the state and federal level. Professor Broughton will discuss various constitutional and policy arguments in favor of capital punishment.
Nelson Tebbe will present the annual McElroy Lecture on March 4 at 5:00 pm. See Events Below
- * A legal writing program that starts in the first year and continues through the upper level courses.
- * A clinical program that entitles every student to the opportunity to represent a live client.
- * A unique law firm program that allows students to engage in simulated cases and transactions in specific practice areas.
- * Committed to developing lawyers who serve the public good
- * Committed to serving the Detroit community
- * Founded on Jesuit and Mercy principles of service and the success of each individual
- * Dual degree program with the University of Windsor
- * Extensive international law and comparative law courses
- * Established relationship with Universite d"Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France
- * Downtown Detroit Location provides proximity to courts and employers
- * Strong Alumni Network dedicated to supporting UDM graduates
- * ability to pursue a concentration in Immigration Law