3L Vanessa Guerra, D-Bridgeport Township, became Representative Guerra on November 4 after winning the race for Michigan's House of Representatives to represent her home region of the 95th District. The 25-year-old law student and Bridgeport Township trustee was still canvassing the District on election day and commented, "You can never take anything for granted." Her hard work certainly paid off: she won 76 percent of the vote.
Friday, September 30, 2016.
- Dual JD program with the University of Windsor
- Extensive international law and comparative law courses
- Established relationship with Universite d’Auvergne in Clermont-Ferrand, France
- A legal writing program that starts in the first year and continues through the upper level courses.
- A clinical program that ensures every student the opportunity to represent a client.
- A unique law firm program that allows students to engage in simulated cases and transactions in specific practice areas.
- Downtown Detroit location provides proximity to courts and employers
- Strong Alumni Network dedicated to supporting Detroit Mercy Law graduates
- Ability to pursue a concentration in Immigration Law or Family Law
- Committed to developing lawyers who serve the public good
- Committed to serving the Detroit community
- Founded on Jesuit and Mercy principles of service and the success of each individual